Tuesday, August 16, 2011

W.I.P. Dragonward

I have the opportunity to share a work in progress for a book cover that I'm painting. This is a pencil drawing and a grayscale rendering in photoshop to establish my values. The final will be in oil. I hope to share with you when its finished. I'm looking forward to working in oil for a client again. Its a lot slower but I like the process.

Once moving to paint my technique is a process of layers with some alla prima touches. I use glazes to enhance color and tone.

Enjoy.

WOC



"Dragonward"

12"x16" oil on paper
©2011 William O'Connor
























































































©2011 William O'Connor Studios

1 comment:

  1. I love the drawing. It is always great to see your WIPs thank you for posting these.

    ReplyDelete